Master planning addresses mid-term planning. The questions that are answered include:
- When and how much to produce?
- When and how much to be transported?
- When and how much should be purchased?
- How much to keep on inventory?
Efficient master planning provides, for example, the following possibilities:
- Improved overview and insight into future potential problems
- Balancing between inventory levels and service levels based on the operational strategies company-defined
- Analysis of alternative demand scenarios
- Evaluation of alternative plans in detail
- Full overview of the entire material flow
- Ability to link planning to the budgeting and financial planning process
Learn more about our offerings in Supply Chain Planning.